Saturday 24 June 2017

3 Acres Restaurant Wedding | Liz & Chris

Groom's Preparations: At Home, Barnsley
Ceremony: St John The Baptist's Church, Royston, Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Reception: The 3 Acres, Shelley, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Second-shooting with Gav Harrison

Liz & Chris' promised to be a very interesting wedding and so it turned out to be. First off, Chris' Best Man was a press photographer (so no pressure, then!).
Gav had borrowed my 24-70 mm lens, so I had to shoot all of Chris' prep shots with my 35 mm prime. It meant I had to move about a bit more but I was pleased with the results.
Everything was going so well until after the ceremony when I discovered that I'd been locked in the church tower (I used the stairs to access the balcony at the back of the church). I had to wait about 10 minutes for the vicar to find the key and let me out. Thankfully, I didn't miss much of the action and got out just in time for the confetti shots.
When we arrived at 3 Acres, up on Emley Moor, close to the transmitter mast, the wind was blowing quite strongly and you'll notice a few of the ladies holding their hats on during the group photos.
We were blessed with plenty of dance-floor action and a beautiful sunset so that made up for being locked in the church (and the food was great too).

Congratulations to Liz & Chris and thank you to them, their friends & family for making us feel so welcome and co-operating with our numerous requests for photos.
 

If you would like Gav and myself to photograph your wedding at The 3 Acres, or anywhere else for that matter, please CLICK HERE to contact us. 


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment