Saturday 19 April 2014

Yorkshire Dales Wedding At The Devonshire Fell, Burnsall | Lisa & Ben

Ceremony & Reception: The Devonshire Fell, Burnsall, North Yorkshire

Second-shooting with Gav Harrison

Lisa and Ben live in Brisbane (yes, the one in Australia - actually, I'm not sure there is another one), anyway, I digress. They flew over for a few weeks to get married at the wonderful Devonshire Fell Hotel in the archetypal Yorkshire Dales village of Burnsall. Lisa is originally from Halifax (the one in West Yorkshire, not Nova Scotia).....sorry, I'm doing it again......

Where was I? Oh yes, Ben. He's as Australian as Christmas Day on the beach, hence the photo with the phone box (you'll see what I mean). The lads had all been out and bought wellies which are apparently a bit of a novelty for them. I can imagine they would be quite handy in Brisbane, or at least they would have been a few years ago. They decided to try them out in the beck at Linton once they were dressed in their morning suits (strange people, the Australians).

As you can see from the pics below, Burnsall is a beautiful place to get married and we were particularly lucky with the weather. It does tend to rain a lot there but it stayed dry for us and the sun even put in an appearance.

Once again, I was second shooting with Gav, which meant I spent the morning with Ben and the lads in Linton, photographing them getting ready while Gav was with Lisa and the girls. I arrived early and had a wander round Burnsall to take some 'scene setter' shots. Later on, while Gav was doing the group shots, I concentrated on getting candid close-ups of the guests having fun before before we took Lisa & Ben for a walk down to the village for some intimate shots of the two of them.

A ceilidh band played in the evening and provided some great photo opportunities. A nice change from a DJ (Build Me Up Buttercup - shudder!).

A great fun day all round. Congratulations to Lisa & Ben and a huge thank-you to the staff at The Devonshire Fell. I'm looking forward to being there again later in the year.





























No comments:

Post a Comment