Saturday 20 July 2013

Harlaxton Manor Wedding | Katie & Chris

Ceremony & Reception | Harlaxton Manor, Grantham, Lincolnshire

What a spectacular venue and a wonderful couple. Once again, I was second-shooting with Gav Harrison, so I was concentrating mainly on Chris & the boys, as well as details, scene-setters and candid shots of the guests.
As a photographer, you really are spoilt for choice at Harlaxton Manor, with so many interesting architectural features, grand rooms and beautiful gardens. The staircase up to the Great Hall in particular was beautifully lit by natural window light, as you can see from a number of shots below. I was fortunate that Chris was exceptionally good at the mean and moody "don't mess with me" look, which complimented the surroundings perfectly.

After 3 weeks of unbroken sunshine, squinting guests and harsh shadows, it was almost a relief to have an overcast day with soft, diffused light to work with, although I'm sure Katie & Chris would have preferred the former.

The whole day flew by for me, so I can only imagine how it felt for Katie & Chris. Also, it was great to catch up with Jenny & Alex, who's wedding we photographed last year at Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons and Helen & Ed, who's big day we photographed the year before in a big marquee in Cambridgeshire.

Congratulations to Katie & Chris and an equally huge thank-you to Simon & all the staff at Harlaxton Manor for a fantastic day. I hope we can work there again soon.













































No comments:

Post a Comment