Monday 9 August 2010

Travel Photography: Cornwall And Devon

Week 1 - July 17th-24th: Cornwall & Devon

OK, I know, there's nothing more boring than having to sit through someone else's holiday photos but I thought I'd just share a few of mine.
I decided just to take my D80 with its 18-135mm kit lens and nothing else (it was supposed to be a holiday after all and I didn't fancy lugging my heavy D300 about for 2 weeks!). So there was no getting up at the crack of dawn, no waiting around for hours to get the best light, no filters, no arty shallow depth of field, no flash... just the basic camera and whatever happened to be in front of me at the time! I decided panoramas were probably the best way to get some impressive results - see what you think!
I came to the conclusion that the D80 is a belting camera and although I might perhaps have been better just taking my 50mm f1.8 lens and doing everything panoramically, the kit lens gave some really nice results.
We were based at the beautiful cottage below for the first week in the tiny village of Luckett, just on the Cornwall side of the border with Devon and, as you can see, the weather was glorious - most of the time!
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE






Widemouth Bay, near Bude. By the way, that is a real person looking out to sea, not one of Antony Gormley's figures (although we did actually see one of those, "Another Time XI", on Herm Island on the second week of our hols).



Dartmouth



Dartmouth



Mevagissey Harbour



Boscastle Harbour

To follow - Week 2: Guernsey, Sark & Herm

No comments:

Post a Comment