Sunday 21 December 2014

Ripley Castle Wedding | Charlotte & Iain

Ceremony: All Saint's Church, Ripley, North Yorkshire
Reception: Ripley Castle, Ripley, North Yorkshire

Second-shooting with Gav Harrison

Hard to believe but I shot my first wedding with Gav at Ripley Castle 7 years ago so it was great to be back. Shame about the weather, though. I got absolutely soaked going down to the lake to get some scene-setter shots of the castle, although it was well worth the effort.
I met Iain and the lads at the Boars Head Hotel in Ripley village (Gav was there with Charlotte and the girls too) and I was amazed to see that the Best Man, Matthew, is an old acquaintance of mine through my 'day job'. I'm ashamed to say that although he knew me, I didn't recognise him at first - I had my wedding head on and assumed he knew me from another 'do'. I felt awful!
Despite the horrible weather, the day was a great success. The guests, particularly the kids, were fascinated by the two reindeer at the castle and enjoyed having their photos taken with them. A nice touch, with it being a Christmas wedding.
After the meal, we set off with Charlotte and Iain to explore part of the castle and get some fantastic shots of the two of them on the grand staircase. You'll have to go to Gav's blog to see them - I was operating the flash. 
The room was packed for the evening reception and the band had everyone up on the dance floor. They kicked off with Madness' "One Step Beyond" and i was sorely tempted to join in but managed to remain professional and carry on taking pics - Ahem.!

Congratulations to Charlotte and Iain

To see Gav's blog with a selection of his photos of the day (and a few of mine), CLICK HERE
  







































www.andrewfowlerphotography.com


No comments:

Post a Comment